No matter how clean you keep your phone covered, it gets greasy over time. It spoils the look of your cover and feels oily when touched. Also, it carries germs, so you need to clean it often.
Now you might wonder, what can I do if my phone case feels oily? Well, the process is simple. Take a cleaning agent, dip a cotton cloth into it, and start rubbing your Case. The cleaning procedure may vary depending on the type of phone Cover.
In a hurry? We care about your time, so here’s a quick answer to the question you’re looking for!
If your phone case feels oily, clean it with a mild soap and water solution, using a soft cloth for gentle scrubbing. For stubborn oil, dampen a cloth with isopropyl alcohol and wipe the case. If that fails, consider using a mild degreaser designed for electronics. If all else fails, it may be time to replace the case.
Why Does My Phone Case Feel Oily?
Your phone case can become oily because of several reasons. For instance, it will become sticky when you touch it with oily hands. The same will happen if you spill something on your phone case.
Moreover, rubber covers are more prone to develop grease. It is because the rubber itself starts breaking down and becomes sticky and oily.
Why Does My Silicone Case Get Greasy?
When oil or grease clings to the surface of silicone, it becomes greasy. Over time, the oily residue accumulates and develops a sticky film build-up.
You can feel this stickiness by touching your phone cover. Sometimes the grease does not go away even after properly washing the phone case with soap.
Things to Consider Before Cleaning a Phone Case
First, you should know how to remove your phone case, as you can not submerge the phone directly in the cleaning agent. Getting a cleaning agent on your mobile can damage it, so properly remove the phone cover first.
Next, you need to have a cleaning agent to clean the case. You can consider various options depending on the material of your phone case.
Using a cleaning agent that works and will not damage your phone’s back case is essential. Want to know about the materials you can use for cleaning it? Here they are.
What Can You Use to Clean a Phone Case?
Baking soda is best for removing stubborn sticky patches. Use the baking soda in the form of a solution by mixing it with water. Once the paste is ready, apply it to the stain on your phone cover, wipe it gently, and the residue will be gone. It is as simple as that.
Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish removal is another potent cleaning agent. Nail paint remover on a cotton pad is the first step in fixing the problem. Next, clean the surface properly. Otherwise, the nail polish remover chemicals can damage your mobile shield.
Vinegar also has excellent cleaning properties. Start by soaking a piece of paper in vinegar, then apply it to the residue on your phone case. Let it soak for a few minutes, remove it and wipe. The stickiness of your active cover will be gone, and no residue will be left behind.
The natural oiliness of peanut butter does wonders in removing residue. You do not need to rub or scrape the surface. Just apply it to the phone case and wipe it. Afterward, you will have a clean and residue-free mobile cover.
Besides the above, you can also use water, cooking oil, and alcohol to clean a phone case. Avoid using sweet alcohol since sugar itself will leave residue behind, and instead, use pure alcohol. Cooking oil is eco-friendly, but you can not use it on all active covers.
How to Clean a Greasy Phone Case
You can clean your phone case by using any cleaning agents mentioned above. The type of cleaning agent will depend on the material of your phone case. Using a natural cleaning agent is best since others have strong chemicals that can damage your mobile cover.
How do I clean a greasy phone case? Here, we have the process of cleaning various types of phone cases.
Cleaning a Plastic Phone Case
Plastic lasts for a longer time compared to all other mobile shields. You can use a powerful cleaning agent like bleach to clean it. However, you can also use dish soap instead of bleach to get this job done.
- Chlorine bleach
- Dishwashing gloves
- Toothbrush or piece of cloth
- Firstly, wear dishwashing gloves because the direct use of bleach can irritate your skin.
- Add one tablespoon of bleach to every cup of water and prepare a bleach solution.
- Now thoroughly soak your mobile cover into that solution and submerge it for five to ten minutes. However, if your phone case has tough stains, you can wash it in the bleach solution for a bit longer.
- Afterward, scrub it with a cloth or toothbrush to remove all the dirt or grime.
- Finally, rinse it to remove the bleach solution and dry it using a towel.
How to Clean a Leather Phone Case
Leather is sensitive compared to other materials, so you must clean it carefully. Also, there may be slight changes in its color after cleaning.
- Leather conditioner
- Mild hand soap
- Water and cloth
- To begin, combine the hand soap with the warm water in a basin.
- Wet the portable cover of your phone by dipping the cloth into the solution and wiping it with it. Leather will receive water stains if you put the solution on it directly.
- Now, remove the extra water by using a clean, wet cloth.
- To keep your leather case in good condition, use a leather conditioner as per the instructions on its label.
Cleaning a Wood Phone Case
Wood can shrink or expand if you use a solution to clean it. Therefore, we will prepare a vinegar solution that is best for wood. You also will not need to soak your case in it.
- Spray bottle and cloth
- Add one part vinegar and three parts water to a spray bottle and mix well.
- Now, spray the solution on the phone case and wipe it using a damp cloth.
- Finally, wipe it with a dry cloth to remove the moisture.
How to Clean Rubber and Silicone Phone Cases
It is best to use a mild solution to clean silicone and rubber since these are more delicate than plastic. It also means it may take extra time to remove the stains from these phone cases properly.
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Combine the required quantity of dish soap with the hot water in a bowl to make the cleaning solution.
- Clean your Phone Case by soaking a sponge in the solution and washing it vigorously.
- Third, baking soda is an excellent stain remover. Baking soda can be used for this by sprinkling it on the stain, washing it, and allowing it to sit for two to five minutes.
- Later, rinse the phone case thoroughly and pat dry with a towel.
Accumulated grime, dust, and residues give a phone case a greasy texture. The good thing is that sticky phone cases may be readily cleaned.
Selecting a cleaning that won’t damage your Phone Case is a must. A towel wet with a solution of vinegar dish soap, or a mild hand soap can be used. But make sure the cleaner you select won’t scratch the phone’s exterior.